Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Glider flying

Last post 06-05-1999, 12:17 AM by anonymous2. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-28-1999, 12:41 AM 635

Glider flying

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    As soon as I get some cash I will probably start to learn how to fly Gliders. I love flying as I love the speed and thrill's. The only thing I am worried about is crashing in one of these. No ejection seat makes me a bit precausious & nervous. Am I being stupid or can anyone put my mind at rest and honestly say that these things are safe.

I'd better stick to kite flying if I decide otherwise.

Rapier
  •  05-28-1999, 1:57 AM 640 in reply to 635

Re:Glider flying

*** Posted by run ***
    Gliders are very safe if you are safe ;o)
    run
    [As soon as I get some cash I will probably start to learn how to fly Gliders. I love flying as I love the speed and thrill's. The only thing I am worried about is crashing in one of these. No ejection seat makes me a bit precausious & nervous. Am I being stupid or can anyone put my mind at rest and honestly say that these things are safe.

I'd better stick to kite flying if I decide otherwise.

Rapier]
  •  05-28-1999, 2:08 AM 645 in reply to 640

Glider flying

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hello RUN,

I cant wait to go up as I am not scared to even if I crash but you said I have to be safe, do you mean dont do stupid things when your in the air. Can you pull some G's in a glider. How I wish someone would start an F-16 flying club, imagine that 8-)

Rapier

[Gliders are very safe if you are safe ;o)
    run]
  •  05-28-1999, 3:26 PM 651 in reply to 645

*** Posted by run ***
    You can pull G's in a glider, but in most of them maximum 4-5 G's. There are a few that are build for aerobatics & can pull even more.
    run

[Hello RUN,

I cant wait to go up as I am not scared to even if I crash but you said I have to be safe, do you mean dont do stupid things when your in the air. Can you pull some G's in a glider. How I wish someone would start an F-16 flying club, imagine that 8-)

Rapier
    ]
  •  05-29-1999, 3:04 AM 668 in reply to 651

Glider flying

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi,

I did'nt know they could pull that much G in a glider, that's amazing. I did not know also that there were gliders that could pull more.

RUN, what if someone has a health problem or disabilty can they still fly, or would it be unsafe to do so. Do you have to pass some kind of medical examination to qualify for joining a club?

Rapier

[You can pull G's in a glider, but in most of them maximum 4-5 G's.
    run]
  •  05-29-1999, 8:52 AM 669 in reply to 668

*** Posted by run ***
    Yes, you have to get a medical examination before you are allowed to fly solo.
    run

[Hi,

I did'nt know they could pull that much G in a glider, that's amazing. I did not know also that there were gliders that could pull more.

RUN, what if someone has a health problem or disabilty can they still fly, or would it be unsafe to do so. Do you have to pass some kind of medical examination to qualify for joining a club?

Rapier
    ]
  •  06-05-1999, 12:00 AM 725 in reply to 669

*** Posted by Ice ***
    Hello you two,

Who is doing the flying here?
    Run are you already flying these things.
    I'm into gliding aswell, but the chute section of it, Parapenting.
    It's a thrill to and much easier to learn then a glider or delta.
    But i must say that a glider is far better than a parapent or delta.
    Going to do my first glider tour in about 3 weeks from now, so will let you know how it went.

Ice.

[Yes, you have to get a medical examination before you are allowed to fly solo.
    run

Hi,

Rapier
    ]
  •  06-05-1999, 12:17 AM 728 in reply to 725

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi Ice,

Yes please let us know how you got on with the gliding. I think RUN used to fly Gliders before he joined the RDAF, many, many, many moons ago. No seriously I would love to see some small AVI of RUN on the weapons testing range I love that sort of thing, watching things blow up. I remember when I was young and I got my hands on some fireworks, I almost blew my hand clean off with one when I was messing around once with some friends, you know how it is.

Rapier

View as RSS news feed in XML